My Recumbent Bike

Ernie

Hi everyone,

The good news!

I am now able to ride my recumbent bike. I just came back from a one-hour ride and I rode the whole time without falling. I am so proud of myself. I will not need the teaching wheels anymore which cost an extra 300$.

I though I would need more time to learn it but I was amazed today when I was able to ride it right away. I was so excited that I was smiling to every pedestrian. I have trouble going in a straight line but that will come with time.

I just went on flat surface because going uphill is too demanding on my cardio.

This is my first step to independence!

This is great news Ernie, I'm so impressed!! I hope you enjoy yourself and have a wonderful summer enjoying the outdoors. =)

Thanks for sharing,

Take care,

Lisa

Good for you! Each little victory can feel so monumental when so many things can be so difficult. Savor your success, you deserve it!

Guest tearose

Great news!

Are there flat places to ride around? Just pace yourself so in your excitement you don't over do!

I am so happy for you.

I wish you many hours of happy cycling!

tearose

My dear friends,

Thanks for sharing my joy for my new accomplishment.

Tearose.

Yes, the bicycle path going east of the St-Lawrence River is relatively flat. There is a small slope going down east. I did not realise it. It took me 45 minutes to go to my destination and 2 hours to come back because I was too tired and the slight slope going up was making it hard for me to start my bike when I had a stop sign.