Has Dr. Grubb's P.a. Helped?

My sister lives in Columbus, OH and is having a baby, so my parents decided to drive there to see her this summer. My husband and I are taking advantage of this and are riding with them (which will save us quite a bit of money).. then we're going to drive to Toledo to see Beverly and then fly home.. I still have an appointment to see Dr. Grubb in Oct but thought maybe Beverly would have insight into which meds to try in combination and maybe I can get some relief before the end of the summer. Has she been a big help to anyone? Just wondering. Also, i'm a little nervous about flying with POTS. How does it affect us?

I don't have a lot of tips for flying, except be sure to stay hydrated. Compression hose are also good.

Beverly can be a big help. She listens and a lot of the time knows what Dr. Grubb would do in a situation. She should at least be able to get you started on a combination of meds so that maybe dr grubb can help tweak it when you see him. good luck!

Meg

Hi there, I actually flew this weekend and saw Beverly yesterday. I don't do well with compression hose, all they seem to do is make me uncomfortable and sweat. For me the most important thing is to make sure I drink a lot while flying and after I fly. I usually bring water and gatorade.. and rest the day after I fly (if I can).

As far as seeing Beverly, this was my second time seeing her and I have seen Dr.Grubb once. I was supposed to see Grubb 2 weeks ago but along with everyone else my appointment was cancelled so I saw Bev instead. I was a little hesitant about seeing her because she is a PA and not as knowledgeable as Dr.Grubb is, but she was definately very helpful. Different than Dr.Grubb but still helpful. The office told me that Grubb may not be back at all but for right now they are still rebooking his appointments but that unless Bev strongly reccomends that you see him the wait will be at least 13 months (and those rebookings could be cancelled if he doesn't come back).

Good luck!

Hi,

Glad to hear things went well for you while you were there. I've actually had a change of plans and am going to drive back (which is better for me than flying!)... I'm glad to hear that Beverly is a good help. I have an appointment already set for October 14th with Dr. Grubb so I guess i'll just wait and see what happens with that.