How Has Ritalin Helped You?

I feel like I am more revved up, and feel more anxious on Ritalin. I don't feel anything positive from it.. in fact, I feel worse. It's so frustrating bc most of the meds I have tried have made me feel worse.. Has anyone taken Ritalin (or the generic equivalant) and it been a success? If so, what are some of the symptoms it helps with? I'm just wondering if this drug is really for me or not. thanks...

I felt awful when I was on ADD meds. I wasn't on ritalin, but the meds I tried made me feel so revved up I couldn't stand it. I now take cerefolin and fish oil supplements. Mestinon helps me with brain fog/concentration, also. I'm not sure what your biggest reason for being on the med is, but maybe those could be an option if you decide to stop taking ritalin.

Meg

Hi,

Sorry you have a few different threads on this topic, I can't remember at this late hour the details of you and this medication, or did I go search for it... I am lazy :unsure: ... It may help to add posts like this on to your previous postings, so that people who are not on every day like myself can keep up (I am slow)... you may get more responses. :)

But, Ritalin... that was a fun road!!! :lol:

For yourself- what dosage and how long have you been on it? What was the reason for trying it out?

You expressed a couple of times now, kinda a thought (at least I how I read it typed) that you see a difference between the generic and name brand Ritalin, as far as I know they are the same, but the wording Methylphenidate can be used with Concerta and other drugs due the closeness of the drugs (or however best described).

Anyways, I would try starting at a low dose and working up. It has a short half life so you may need to take it more than once a day (follow drs. directions). Also, there are sustained release tablets as well.

Also, you may have to give it a try for a little bit, and not give up on it right away. Some have seen good improvement and help with it.

I myself did not tolerate it well, I didn't over analyze it, but I never saw much benefit on it. I was always tired, it worked good as a sleeping pill. :)

I just absolutely crashed shortly after taking it and grew unable to function well, and many times even move. It wasn't fun, but I overall it different ways tried it over a month. I also was an insomniac at night when it wore off... Concerta also did not work well for me.

I will be starting Adderall sometime next week.

I am trying them out for neuropsych testing diagnosed ADHD, brain fog, and POTS etc.

Also, you may find searching others previous posts for ritalin, brain fog, and/or ADHD helpful.

Hope that helps! :)

Hello,

I am on 5 mg twice a day. But I have been taking it a total of 3 weeks (off one week bc I had bronchitus).. I didn't see a difference between generic and the real stuff. Sorry if that was confusing. I was just simply giving both names bc I know a lot of people take generic forms now.. I know they are both the same drug.

I really just can't tolerate it. I feel weaker than I did before I was on it. My doc here really has no clue and is just guessing at drugs so there is no real "reason" reason for me to be on it, which is another reason to stop it. Plus it is highly addictive and my doc even told me he didn't want me taking it forever. Doesn't make sense to me but oh well!

Thanks for the post.

Hi,

Sorry you have a few different threads on this topic, I can't remember at this late hour the details of you and this medication, or did I go search for it... I am lazy :( ... It may help to add posts like this on to your previous postings, so that people who are not on every day like myself can keep up (I am slow)... you may get more responses. :)

But, Ritalin... that was a fun road!!! :P

For yourself- what dosage and how long have you been on it? What was the reason for trying it out?

You expressed a couple of times now, kinda a thought (at least I how I read it typed) that you see a difference between the generic and name brand Ritalin, as far as I know they are the same, but the wording Methylphenidate can be used with Concerta and other drugs due the closeness of the drugs (or however best described).

Anyways, I would try starting at a low dose and working up. It has a short half life so you may need to take it more than once a day (follow drs. directions). Also, there are sustained release tablets as well.

Also, you may have to give it a try for a little bit, and not give up on it right away. Some have seen good improvement and help with it.

I myself did not tolerate it well, I didn't over analyze it, but I never saw much benefit on it. I was always tired, it worked good as a sleeping pill. B)

I just absolutely crashed shortly after taking it and grew unable to function well, and many times even move. It wasn't fun, but I overall it different ways tried it over a month. I also was an insomniac at night when it wore off... Concerta also did not work well for me.

I will be starting Adderall sometime next week.

I am trying them out for neuropsych testing diagnosed ADHD, brain fog, and POTS etc.

Also, you may find searching others previous posts for ritalin, brain fog, and/or ADHD helpful.

Hope that helps! :)