Cincinnati, Oh Doctor

Hi all,

I live in Cleveland and my sister, 31, lives in Cincinnati. She is beginning to think she has POTS as well. She has near syncope experiences. Does anyone have a good doctor in Cincinnati. I looked on the physician list on the DINET site and the Autonomic Association's site and there is no one listed in Cincinnati. Please let me know if you know of someone in that area!

Thanks!

Amy

Unfortunately it seems that a good doctor is very hard to find! I live in the Columbus area and was told by OSU hospital that they refer all their POTS-diagnosed patients to the Cleveland Clinic. That was where I was diagnosed and still drive 2 and a 1/2 hours to be seen. I have yet to hear of anyone that treats it further south.

Hi,

I am not sure about Cincy- I never had any luck. :blink::huh::ph34r:

I think someone else on the board has found someone in Cincy.

I do know though I have had decent luck with drs. further south than Cleveland in Ohio. More Columbus etc. I am not sure where and why you were told that at OSU, because there are other options and I was told they send people more to Dr. Grubb then Cleveland.

I think though it would differ and depend on what all you have going on and what kind of assistance you need.

PM me for more specific info. :P

I go to a cardiologist in Cincinnati named Dr. Edward Schloss. He treats patients who have POTS. His phone number is (513)721-8881. He is with The Ohio Heart & Vascular Center. I've been going to him for 2 years.

Hello,

If your sister is needing a dr. and is willing to drive to Louisville (about 90 miles) I have recently found a cardiologist that Dr. Grubb knows named Rebecca McFarland. Just let me know if you'd like more information. She seems to know quite a bit about POTS.

Take care,

Lisa

There is a Dr listed on POTS Place that is in Morgantown WV who is really wanting more patients but that would probably be further drive then to Cleveland.I wrote to him once and he said that he would see me but I only go to WV 2 times a yr to see family so I am just praying for an understanding well educated Dr here in MI.

Hi,

Man I would do anything to live where you live because i've been told several times to see Dr. Grubb and my doctor is also consulting with doctors at the Cleaveland Clinic. I'm all the way in Ks so it's kinda hard to get there! you're in a prime spot!! Good luck, I hope that someone can help.. I know how hard it is to get help.

I couldn't agree with you more. I started having symptoms when we lived in NC. We were in Ohio 2 years when things got worse and I finally got a doc to refer to a neurologist. I really felt at the time like we were really supposed to have moved to Ohio. I am really thankful for it.

amy

Hi,

Man I would do anything to live where you live because i've been told several times to see Dr. Grubb and my doctor is also consulting with doctors at the Cleaveland Clinic. I'm all the way in Ks so it's kinda hard to get there! you're in a prime spot!! Good luck, I hope that someone can help.. I know how hard it is to get help.