Sweating

Hi Candice,

sorry I don't have any suggestions (if anyone else does please share) but I can commiserate as I have the same problem. My face sweats like crazy, I've had to abandon even trying to wear make up as it won't stay put, I also go a fetching purple colour when I am warm.

Flop

No you are not the only one that sweats a lot. I read how many here don't sweat, but I wonder if that is one of the differences between hyperadrengic POTS and the non-hyperadrengic form? We all have so many cross-over symptoms but there are definitely a few that don't. Hope that makes sense, as I'm feeling awful right now and can't exactly think straight :o

- Tammy

Hi,

I sweat from all over.

Lucky you! Im quite envious of people who can sweat now as I really miss it. I used to be able sweat heapz but once I developed POTS I just couldnt anymore. There was only a few times over the past 8 years where I was actually did sweat a little bit and that made me feel good, it felt like my body was working again, it feels healthy but when u cant sweat then you really get a sense something is wrong and your body isn't functioning properly.

Hi Endure,

I sweat a lot but I loose my electrolyte through it. I need to take more meds because of it. Also I have to change cloth during the day especially if it is cold if I don't want to catch the flu. I have to wash myself once or twice a day. My cloth is always wet and I find it disguiting. It's one way I get dehydrated and it is very insiduous, especially in the winter.

I'm guessing not sweating is a bad thing too, but can't say I feel well at all even when I do sweat, so once again, what makes one of us feel good, doesn't do much for the next. Oh well, I guess that's why were all here :angry:

Sweating is one of the ways that our body can control its temperature - as sweat evapourates from the skin it takes heat away from the body. Loosing the ability to sweat can be really uncomfortable or even dangerous in extream heat as the body can't cool itself. If you can't sweat then you can help yourself to cool by dampening your skin with a wet flannel - the water will evapourate and have the same cooling effect as sweating.

One time that sweating really doesn't help is if the weather is really humid. This is why most people tolerate dry heat better than humidity - when the air is already loaded with water your sweat can't evapourate as easily.

If anyone finds a way to stop you getting damp trousers and undewear from sweating please let me know. I have tried all sorts of powders, sprays, feminine hygiene products all to no avail. The only thing that helps is to have a proper wash and put on clean clothes, not easy to do when at work all day!