Recreation And Exercise

summer

I have been wanting to ask you all what you have found to be good activities for recreation and exercise. I have found over the past year that many of the things I used to enjoy, I can not do anymore (hiking, skiing, going to the beach). Even activities like reading are difficult for me because of concentration problems. Not only would I like to think of activities that I can enjoy alone, but also with my kids. Any suggestions?

Ernie mentioned ballroom dancing in another post. I thought that sounded like so much fun!

That sounds so nice! In the summer,if it's not too hot or humid I sit by the lake,it's relaxing I just love the water.Pat

Kayaking/canoeing is a good outdoor recreation for us b/c it can be done sitting down. I?ve been doing more of that with my family again since my daughter is getting older. We also enjoy gardening together (although that can get strenuous with heat and repetitive bending?but there are ways to avoid that). We are fortunate enough to live 10 minutes from one of the best national seashores in the country (Assateague Island). I enjoy early AM or late afternoon visits in the summer months. Shoulder season we enjoy the bayside. There is nothing more relaxing than walking or just lounging near the waves.

I also live close to the beach. We always used to go on hot summer afternoons to cool off. I'm sure if I went on a summer afternoon now, I'd never be able to get off the beach! You're right that evenings on the beach are beautiful and probably the best time for me to take the kids now.

I used to do a lot of canoeing but haven't done it in years. Maybe it's time to take it up again! The water really is relaxing.