Question About Psvt Ablation

mvdula

I had a successful ablation for PSVT back in Sept '05. One of my SVT episodes (and I think the other one too, but can't remember for sure) was triggered by bending over. I now have a problem with bending over though. I can bend over once or twice fine, but if I keep doing it - like picking up toys off the floor - or picking up trash in the yard - I feel ok at the time - usually some pressure in my chest but ok. After though, I have this very unpleasant feeling - hard to describe, of course - that lasts quite a while - maybe from 5-30 minutes. It's like a pressure or I usually call it an 'intensity' or uneasiness - somewhat tachycardic. It is very noticeable, a little distressing but not too bad, i.e. I can keep functioning, but usually I sit down relax for a while. I just wonder now if it has something to do with the ablation since my SVTs were triggered by bending over and now since the ablation, maybe my heart is confused or something???? since no pathway there since it was ablated??? Maybe that makes no sense but I think it must be related. I never had problems bending before - and noticed the bending thing sometime after it - mentioned to doc probably 1 1/2 yrs later - (but had been pregnant 2 mos after ablation, during which time bending is uncomfortable anyway so not sure I would have noticed til later). Any thoughts?

have you worn an event monitor during your symptoms/post ablation? although EP ablations are around 95% successful there is a small chance of tachyarrhythmic conductive tissue that may not have been fully ablated, OR you could have another site in the heart "acting up" that perhaps wasnt inducible and thus at the time you had your EP study.

I have just learned that I have a second ectopic atrial tachycardia (SVT) that my doc didnt even know about - had an ablation in december of a single ectopic atrial tach, and it was not known at the time of my EP study/ablation that i had another atrial tach from a different area in the heart....... because at the time of my ablation, the only inducible tachyarrhythmia was the one a-tach.

thanks cardiactec - i was hoping you would answer! I did have a reveal for about 18 mos and nothing ever showed up but pvc's and sinus tach (they always said "when do you exercise" to which i said "i don't but i have 4 kids") i was not diagnosed with POTS at the time, nor did i really have symptoms until the last few months with the reveal.

hey there,

yes, it definitely felt like the SVT. I can completely 100% of the time know when it is my atrial tachycardia and when it is just POTS, sinus tach. I actually cant even feel my POTS - sinus tach - even with rates up in the 190's. the atrial tachycardia feels very different than the sinus tach.

how are you doing? any better?

thanks for the reply - then, no i am sure i have not had any more psvt - yes, it was VERY different - could defiinitely feel sudden 250bpm. so, that's not what's happening now at all. just that when i bend over many times or do harder work while bending (i.e. trying to get the suctioned baby bathtub seat off the tub - this always gets me) - my chest feels bad for a while - like 20 mins or so - just a very intense, uncomfortable distressing feeling - not exactly pain but somewhat. i just try to bend and do a few things - or sit down to do work like that. i wonder if it's even my muscles in my chest. i also get chest pain/discomfort from anxiety and from hard work with my arms - carrying heavy groceries- opening a few hard-to-open windows. So, maybe it is muscular. But, even just bending a lot w/o the hard work makes my chest feel a lot of pressure inside - like the way your head would feel if you did a headstand - like too much blood in my chest???-anyone have any ideas why i get this pressure feeling - it is bad enough that i stop. Thanks again for the response...

• 8 months later...
when u had the second SVT - did it feel like svt? i mean mine before - i knew what was going on - sudden supersuperfast rate - like 225-250 out of the blue. so very obvious - i feel nothing loike that now...

I just noticed with both had SVTs diagnosed in 04, Ablations in 05, and POTS diagnosis in early 08.

I found this thread today because I had a very minor SVT - about 10 seconds but scared the crap out of me because it has been years since I had one. It feels very different than POTS. With POTS, when it gets high from stairs/exercise/whatever (like the 180s) it's fast, but more of an exercise-induced fast feeling. The SVT feels entirely different.

MY EP said my ablation didn't have anything to do with POTS since it happened long after (I probably started having real symptoms about two years after).

Did you ever figure anything out? How are your SVT episodes? I hope they are anomalies for us!

hi, i cant really help much, even though i have a psvt too, but i can say that the pressure feeling you describe, i get in my head and neck. exactly how you describe. like too much blood.

i know that is not my heart, but perhaps the same mechanism causing the pressure is going on??? it feels very vascular to me. so perhaps our blood vessels are too constricted or contracted in those areas?

the pressure is my worst symptom. it is unbearable for me. i can hear the roar of blood in my ears, neck, head. it does not feel muscular to me, though that is what people suggest.

perhaps our blood vessels are just not working properly???