To Add To My Previous Post.......

Any ideas on meds for heart racing? I've tried so many, but would just like to see what everyone else is taking. The muscle aches have seemed to subside for now, the main problem is my heart racing... I feel like if I could get that under control, MAYBE I could start to feel better. BB DO NOT help me.. My BP drops too much. . thanks in advance....

Any ideas on meds for heart racing? I've tried so many, but would just like to see what everyone else is taking. The muscle aches have seemed to subside for now, the main problem is my heart racing... I feel like if I could get that under control, MAYBE I could start to feel better. BB DO NOT help me.. My BP drops too much. . thanks in advance....

Hi kansasgirl,

A cardiologist told me not to worry about a racing heart, that eventually the beat would return to normal. I guess doctors will have to experience what we do in order to understand the scary situations we have.

Twice, in the hospital I was given a med to return things to normal. Another time, after about 35 minutes, things did return to normal on their own. When the emergency room doctor returned for the third time and saw this, he said, "****", and walked out. I didn't get the chance to ask why he said and did this.

I think any of the meds that help with POTS (listed on Dinet main page) could potentially help with your HR. I just switched to Paxil after taking BBs for 4 years and my HR is actually more stable on the Paxil than it was on the BB! Florinef and midodrine have also helped keep my HR down in the past. By the way, there are also ways to experiment with BBs like trying different ones or trying fractional pills. I only took 1/4 or 1/2 pill of atenolol, which was enough to control my HR but not lower my BP too badly.