An Alternative To Gatorade

deucykub

Hi, all:

It's been a while since I've posted. Life has been busy, fighting work, but my fight has fallen through. I'm not working now and have been approved for a disability retirement. (Although, I'm looking for new work already...)

Just a quick tip for any one who's interested. An inexpensive and low-calorie alternative to Gatorade is mixing a low-calorie mix (I use Crystal Light or the store brand equivalent) with table salt. I started with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 64 oz of Crystal Light (Raspberry Ice and Fruit Punch cover the sodium nicely, lighter flavors, not so much). I'm now up to 1 teaspoon in 64 oz., and it tastes bland to me without the salt. I'd work up slowly though... normal folks find my 1 tsp concoction, "awful." B)

Benefits:

Gatorade 64 oz: 400 calories, 880 mg sodium

Crystal Light brew 64 oz: 40 calories, 1150 mg sodim (1/2 tsp) or 2300 mg sodium (1 tsp)

$$$ - Crystal Light is about $4 for a package of 4 tubs, each making 64 oz, so only about $1.00 (US) a day - 1/2 to 1/3 the price of Gatorade

Just thought I'd share. Warm, healing wishes to you all!