Has Anyone Ever Had Henoch-schoenlein Purpura (hsp)?

sarct

I had this when I was a child. I began being Potsy at around age 8. I am just wondering if this could have been my trigger. It is a blood vessel condition. I have been reading that many of people have developed POTS after an illness or injury. I plan on getting my childhood records and see if there was anything in my charts stating that I had these symptoms before I had that condition. I am certain i was aorund 8 when my POTS began, but it could have been earlier. I got HSP the summer I turned 6.

Here is a link to a description of HSP

http://www.printo.it/pediatric-rheumatolog...mation/UK/7.htm

• 15 years later...

To anyone who may still be following this thread or comes across it like I did…

My daughter, now 18 and recently confirmed/diagnosed with POTS via tilt table, had HSP (an autoimmune blood vessel condition) when she was six, like the OP above. Her general POTS symptoms (nausea, headaches, trouble sleeping) started around age 12 or 13, but she was diagnosed with PCOS at the time (around 2018). It may also be important to note that she got her HPV vaccine around this time, which may have triggered the POTS according to an article I read about vaccines and autoimmune responses.

Her POTS symptoms worsened after getting COVID in 2021;  she was diagnosed with gastroparesis soon after. However, it wasn’t until this year that she was finally diagnosed with POTS. She’ll see a neurologist later this month.

I hope this information helps someone connect their dots (possible autoimmune to POTS) and maybe, eventually, a cause/treatment for POTS can be found.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I just came across this thread and burst into tears. I was diagnosed with hsp at 11 and around then my what I now understand as POTS symptoms started. I am now 22 and fighting for a pots diagnosis but am not taken seriously by my gp. It has made me so emotional to know that there are others who had HSP as a child who have now been diagnosed with POTS and has made me feel sane again.

Thank you!!