Not Doing Well

Sorry I haven't been around lately but I'm just not doing well. I'm frustrated, sad, and getting discouraged which I haven't been in quite a while. I wound up in the hospital Monday night, and got sent home last night because my insurance supposedly wouldn't pay for another day....Dr. Poole thinks the doctor made that up because he thinks my issues are psychological.

My blood pressure has still been low while laying down, I can sit on the edge of my bed for half an hour and still feel like passing out (or do actually pass out) on my way to the bathroom or wherever I need to go. My heart races while I'm laying down too and will FINALLY calm down but once I move even the slightest bit, it starts racing again.

I feel so sick, I'm drinking (Pedialyte) like I should be but it's making me nauseous....but I keep on drinking anyway because I tell myself I need to even though I know it won't help me that much.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Med's don't work, increasing my medications makes my heart rate rise which I don't need as it's high enough already.

We're trying to find another Endocrinologist as the one I went to was a nut case and just talked about himself and hardly about me except to say he doesn't think I have Addison's.

I really need cheered up, this is the one time when I wish I had friends to come and see me, to send me a card or call me up just to let me vent or cry.

I haven't felt this lost, confused, and scared for two years. I had been doing well, staying strong and believing in myself, but I'm loosing that. My mom believes me and is concerned about me, I know Dr. Poole believes me and that is such a relief but still I'm hurt....the doctor in the hospital discharged me saying, "just eat pickles."

Thanks for listening and I hope it all makes sense!

Hi,

I was in the hospital for 3 months last year and was fainting almost every time I was standing even on my meds. My doctors wanted to place me in a nursing home for the rest of my life and I fought and pleaded to go back home and now I am doing much better.

I can empathize with you.

So there is hope for you too. If you want to call me I will give you my phone number.

I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. It's hard to find the right words to say, but KNOW that there ARE other people in your shoes. You're not alone! I wish we could ALL meet face to face and just have a big group hug!!!! I have been going through a rough time too (not as bad as you). I know how much it can strain on a person... ESPECIALLY when people don't believe you. To me, that's worse than actually being sick. Just know that there are others who care and know just what you are going through. My faith in God is all that keeps me going (besides my family of course). I learned a long time ago, if a doctor "writes me off" as crazy, I do the same to them... "write them off".. It sounds like you may have a supportive PCP, which is WONDERFUL! I can't believe the doc told u to eat pickles!!!???? WHAT!!??? geeze. well hope something in this helps.. keep on fighting!!!!

Just eat pickles are your freaking serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow girly.. im so very sorry that your going thru this....i hope that you get some help and relief soon!!!!!!!!!!!

thinking of you and sending BIG HUGS

dizz

Hi I am sorry you are feeling so bad right now. I know how you feel though. I just got out of the hospital Monday. I was in for four days with no new help of course. If you ever want to talk you could call me anytime. I will pm you my cell number. Also i see you are from pa. I am to. What part are you from? Desi :D

Guest tearose

Hang in there. I too am sending you healing wishes. Please don't the negative comment of this one ruin all the good you have worked for. You took charge of trying your best to feel better. No stupid comment should take that away! I think you would feel better if you spoke to him about it OR if you want to , just write it down and then decide if you will mail it or throw it out.

The sad part is, that doctor probably doesn't know he insulted you and has not thought twice about your feelings or visit or health. Do not let him drain you of any more energy or joy. He was an idiot and unfortunately, there are a few out there.

best regards,

tearose

I've not yet had a chance to try Mestinon myself but I have heard that it can be quite harsh on your stomach so starting with a small dose and always taking it with/after food are apparently helpful. I hope it benefits you - let us know how you get on.

Flop

So sorry you are going through this, "eat pickles, um sure". That Doc definitely was not helpful in the least! I wish I could write more on here but i'm going through a major flare lately, hard for me to think but know I will keep you in my prayers and that we believe you are not crazy!

Sending love, hugs and prayers to ya :blink:

Hi,

Hope things are continuing to look up! I wish things were going better for you! Sorry I don't really having any words of wisdom, but I am sending positive thoughts and encouragement! PM me is you want to talk to someone.

How is the Mestinon working?

Hope all is well! :(

P.S. The pickles thing was ridiculous, but it made me laugh something so awful and not helpful would come from a drs. mouth! :P:lol::lol::blink::blink:

I'm sorry your feeling so bad lately, and sorry for replying so late. 260px-W26Asunflower.jpg

Sending you healing wishes, and I'm hoping the mestinon will work for you.

I remember days when drinking that diet suppliment stuff was something I thought might help, but I too felt sick from drinking it. However, I did improve, and was able to eat again. I did things one cheerio at a time. I found nibbling on cereal helped me keep my strength up until I could eat a better diet. I nibbled on cereal, cheese, apple sauce, and other things that wouldn't still up my digestive system too much, but still keep things working. Remember, not using your stomach can cause further problems down the road. The same thing as the brain------" If you don't use it, you lose it".

Keep hanging in there----------- :blink:

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

Oh Gwendolyn,

I've been there too and have gotten better. You can too....one pickle at a time (eyeroll!) Did he really get paid for that advice? Don't let that jerk define you, sweetie. We believe in you. I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way. I know how much they help.

Julie