Low body temperature

Goblin

since i was a baby, my temp has always been 1 degree celsius lower than normal (this would be 97.3 for you farenheit types).

when i have a low grade fever, i would be at the normal range (98.6). recently, my temp seems to hover around 95-96, and can sometimes get as low as 94.1

I used to have low temperatures and my doctor treated me for it. I guess it's considered "alternative", but it really helped me out a lot. After the therapy I gained a lot more energy and my temperature is almost always at 98.6 now :P

If any of you happen to be interested it's called Wilson's Syndrome (not to be confused with Wilson's disease) and treatment involves taking thyroid medication for a few months. Your dosage changes depending on how your temperature responds to the medication.

Here's the web site on it:

http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/index.html

The web site is a little cheesy, but all I can say is that this was helpful to me, so maybe it would be for someone else as well.

Pam

• 8 months later...

Blackwolf, do you know what kind of thyroid hormone you were given? I think the normal is T4? (sorry, my bad memory is kicking in!) And I think I took T3... Anyways, here's some more on that if you're interested.

http://www.drrind.com/thyroidscale.asp

Also, I thought this was interesting. This was the doctor that helped me to raise my body temperature. I notice that 'orthostatic hypotension' is now on his symptom chart (I don't think it was before). Maybe he's seeing more dysautonomia patients than he realizes :huh:

http://www.drrind.com/scorecardmatrix.asp

And as I said before, this falls into the alternative health realm, so take what you will from it :)

Pam

• 4 months later...

My temp is always right around 98.6...guess I am the queen of normal here! Yep just took it as I type...98.6. Although when I've been out in the snow for a while it can go lower like 97.8ish...but that is normal.

I have had a cold for the past week and have noticed that my temperature is kind of low- around 97.5 degrees.  Has anybody else had a low body temperature?  I feel sick and chilly, but my temp is constantly low the last few days.

My body temperature is constantly low although I have symptoms of a fever (chills, sweats, etc...) My temp. ranges from 95-97 degrees.