Prognosis Os Postpartum Pots

mvdula

Thanks for replies. Mine really started more postpartum (though I did have signs during pregnancy). About 9 months postpartum. I am now 19 months postpartum and still miserable. But also questioning my POTS Dx since I do NOT have many of the symptoms of other POTS patients....just my awful episodes. It is miserable though. From what I have read, there are a lot of auto-immune problems that can be triggered by pregnancy/postpartum states. Wish I had known that....

kansasgirl--when were you diagnosed? What meds or other treatment have you tried?

mvdula--yes that is correct that auto-immune conditions can crop up post-partum. I hope you get answers soon.

I wasn't diagnosed until October of '07. I have tried many beta blockers, Effexor, middodrine, florinef, salt tablets, and I drink about 70-80 oz of water a day.

I developed POTS during pregnancy, as well. I developed symptoms around 4-5 months along, but it took a couple of years to get diagnosed. The good news is that it has been 8 years, and I have finally gone from bed ridden and non functioning to a nearly normal life. Like MomToGiuliana, I feel pretty good most of the time, but still have flare ups for sometimes days at a time. But I go to school full time now and even exercise 3-4 times a week. My biggest triggers are heat, lack of sleep, and stress, and I still don't have the stamina that I should.

Kansasgirl--have you tried a low-dose SSRI? Since our onset was similar I wonder if the same treatment would be effective. a low dose SSRI helped me tremendously--eventualy-- in the first weeks of taking it I felt worse, but after the adjustment period I saw a huge improvement in symptoms. Anyway, perhaps something to explore with your doctor if you haven't.

April--I am glad to hear you are doing so much better!

Kansasgirl--have you tried a low-dose SSRI? Since our onset was similar I wonder if the same treatment would be effective. a low dose SSRI helped me tremendously--eventualy-- in the first weeks of taking it I felt worse, but after the adjustment period I saw a huge improvement in symptoms. Anyway, perhaps something to explore with your doctor if you haven't.

April--I am glad to hear you are doing so much better!

yes, I did try it and it was not effective, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion, though.