Explaining Our Probs To Others

pearsjon

ask whomever u r speaking with to describe the time they were the most scared or nervous in their lives to u. and then say that sensation u felt then and just described to me is how I FEEL day in and day out. pretty much will stop them in their tracks so to speak. at least it has worked for me.

they r usually amazed i am functioning at all, especially once they have just relived that feeling for themselves.

once again my weird view.

I just had an episode at my sons speech therapy today and his therapist was asking if I needed juice or crackers or something. I said, no I just faint/get lightheaded when I stand up. She said to me the only time she ever fainted was after giving blood and she described it. She said she wasn't sure what I go through each day, but she knows that fear feeling just before you faint.

It was the first time I actually had a person understand. So random and weird how that happened.

One of my best friends told me last year he thought his ACL tear was worse than this. This was after I e-mailed all my friends many, many websites about the disorder. Some people just dont get it. Last week another friend and I were watching the NCAA tourny and I had either a panic attack, hyperadrenergic attack, episode (worst one ever thought it was a MI) or whatever you want to call it and he said he finally gets it after 3 years. Came on out of nowhere, guess I just have to do it in front of all of them.