When I Walk I Feel Like Im Being Pulled To My Right

nikigrl8883

hi i never mentioned this before but when i am walking i feel like im veering to my right i can still walk a straight line if told to i passed all the neuroligical exams and had mris but i feel off balance and like im walking sideways! i guess i can still control it without people noticing it but i feel it my balance is def off my ears dont hurt though i wonder what it is does anyone else experice things liek this

i don't have a problem with walking to the right but everytime i faint i fall to the right. the doc told me that was because the right side is my strong side and i lean more of my weight on it causing that to be the side that i fall on. does that make sense? perhaps it is something like that?

dionna :)

i dont think thats why i veer to the right ive never actually fainted so i dont htink its that for me///im thinking maybe inner ear related? the thing is my ears arent blocked and they dont hurt so i dont know if that is it ,,,i dont think its pots though i dont htink pots soes that but ive been like that since it started in april im wondering what is casuing this makes me think its more than pots and thats what casueing pots too i think geez i hate this....what i have is like a mystery

and if it was my inner ear i think it would have gone away by now its been 6 months straight so i dont know if its that either what the heck! can anyone think of anything knowiung i had mris and ct scans normal theres gotta be somthing causing it

I don't know the cause of your feeling pulled, but I do know that when I was given a questionnaire prior to my visit to Johns Hopkins "dizzy clinic" (Dept of otolaryngology), one of the questions was "Do you feel pulled to .....? So, obviously, it meant something to them.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this;possibly a qualified otolarygologist (eye, ear, nose, throat) doctor would be of help. Let us know what you decide.

ya im making an appt with one tomrrow i wanna know if any of this is ear related i thinik its my right ear thats off i think its viral and thats how it all started

ud think one of my doctors wouldve sent me to an ent by now!

I've been to two different ENT's and that is one of the feelings/symptoms I get as well (it's really bad if I drive). But every test they ran was completely normal. And then they put me on medication, just to make sure ~ didn't help. And physical therapy for my inner ear, just in case ~ didn't help. So, I have no idea if it's separate from POTS, etc. because I still have no real relief by treatment/medication for any of my symptoms. :)

Good luck finding out all your answers!

~Sarah

Yes, I have this also, but I feel like I am being pulled to the left. I had vestibular testing which wasn't completely normal, but I was told that it wasn't a classic vestibular issue. I went for vestibular training anyway with extremely limited improvement. I have also been diagnosed with POTS and believe mine to be viral in origin as well. I think some of these symptoms are more classic of chronic fatigue syndrome, but I am not an expert in either POTS or CFS. Martha

It could be coming from your upper cervical area. There is a legal test for whiplash (vs malingering) which is used in Europe. The person stands in front of a plumbline and then lifts one leg at a time. The deviation of the body when you lean away from each side should be exactly the same. If it isn't, it is a neck injury.

A high percentage of nerve endings from the body to the balance centers of the cerebellum come from the upper neck.

So if an ENT says you are fine and you know you are not, perhaps you will consider a good osteopath or chiropractor.

OLL

I am off balance a lot (but just glad I'm moving again). My right side is weaker, which I didn't realize till I started P.T. I tend to lean more to the right if I'm not paying attention to how I walk. I get tipsy like I'm drunk almost. Some of mine is the weakness on that side. Even though my difference in strength is extremely noticable during therapy it wasn't noticable to me till I started P.T.and they asked me to do things with one side and then the other. Have you looked into that. You could just do simple movements to check for yourself if one side is weaker than the other.

• 13 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Similar to the above balance thread that I replied to on the slightly older thread. And I wouldnt have thought I veered more to one side until reading this and so I wonder if I do veer more to the left and my stumbling to the right is to compensate?

I actually said to my neurologist it feels as if I am made of metal and there is a giant magnet next to me, on one occasion talking to a neighbour, I had to really lean against the wall as the force pulling me to the other side was so strong.  I think its to my left because I now fear walking along the platform of a tube station with the rails on my left and keep to the right, not so much afraid for myself but of suddenly and unexpectedly veering to the left just as somebody is hurrying by and that I might bump them into the rails.

Like all my symptoms that the NHS cannot find the reason for, they say I have anxiety, even though I feel totally laid back and when I did see a psychotherapist, she sent me right back saying that I don't have anxiety, they are always doing this".