VICTORY!!!

I just wanted to share here, because I know everyone here understands how important the victories are to us, living with this stuff day in and day out.  

But, YOU GUYS, I completed a 5K mud obstacle run!  I never, ever in a million years thought I'd do that, after being diagnosed with Hyper POTS in early 2011.  I have had so many ups and downs over the years, and many, many dark times.  Things have been looking up for awhile though, and I have been working really REALLY hard trying to get back into shape, but not do so much that I fall right back to where I started (what a balancing act we all have to constantly do!).  My first thought was that there was no way I could do it, but then I figured that was just why I should try anyway LOL!  Fortunately for me, I have an amazing, rockstar of a husband and a wonderful, dear friend who have both been rocks for me throughout this whole thing.  They did the entire event with me, helped me when I needed it, motivated me when I was faltering, and I could not have done it without them.  

I'm just so excited and this is seriously my biggest victory to date.  I thought I would share a positive post for you all! <3 <3 <3

Giant hugs and lots of positive energy to anyone struggling today!

May 20 2017 Terrain Racing SJ.jpg

I am thrilled for you!  And please give your rock star husband an extra hug.  I never had support like that.  I am experiencing a relapse after two years feeling well, but hopefully it is just temporary.  Stories like yours are so nice to read and thank you so much for posting!!!

Way to go!!!!!!  Wow, what an exhilarating feeling you must have had when you crossed that finish line!  You can see it in your face.  Keep going and what an amazing thing to have a husband and friend who went through this with you!  You don't always find that.  You go girl!!!

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and kind words!  I have always loved how everyone in here is so supportive of each other <3

@songcanary I will so give him an extra hug...he definitely scored some serious points with this LOL!  I'm very sorry to hear you are going through a flare up and I hope it passes quickly for you!  Those are never easy, especially if they come after a long stretch of feeling better.  I am also so sorry you never got the support you needed and deserved... but that just means you are that much stronger for getting through by yourself, and that is an absolutely amazing accomplishment!!!!

@StayAtHomeMom <3 <3 <3  Thank you! Whenever I'm at my lowest, I always try to remind myself that nothing is permanent and that there will come again that light at the end of the tunnel.

@KiminOrlando thank you so much!!! <3 <3 <3

@SarahA33 thank you!!!  It really is helpful to have some good people in your corner.  I'm pretty sure my theme song over the past few years has been "With A Little Help From My Friends"!

@DizzyGirls thank you so much! It truly was indescribable, and a moment I will never forget. I definitely plan on keeping my momentum, as best I can <3

@BuffRockChick THANK YOU!!! <3  I'm so glad my post might be helpful for you on your journey, but I just know you'll get there! Just know I am over here rooting for you!!! xoxoxo!