Immunoglobulin levels

Do you know if the immunoglobulin A, G, E and M levels have anything to do with POTS? Though my husband has all of them within the range, his IgA is in the top of the range. He doesn't drink, no celiac disease, no hepatitis, so I'm wondering if POTS is behind this.

S -IgA    4.34   g/l  (0.88-4.84)

S -IgE    48    g/l  (below 110)

S -IgG    12.5    g/l (6.77-15.0)

S -IgM    0.92    g/l  (0.36-2.59) 

Guest ANCY

Although there's not a direct conection between the two my neurologist believes my dysautonomia was brought on by an autoimmune problem. recently found out I have an IgA deficiency and my IgG is twice what it should be, which fits his theory. Although there is no treatment for my problem, it's nice to know why I'm so prone to infections.

22 hours ago, ANCY said:

Although there's not a direct conection between the two my neurologist believes my dysautonomia was brought on by an autoimmune problem. recently found out I have an IgA deficiency and my IgG is twice what it should be, which fits his theory. Although there is no treatment for my problem, it's nice to know why I'm so prone to infections.

I'm sorry there's no treatment, recurring infections are awful. :(

I suspect autoimmunity in my husband's case too, so I'm probably over-analyzing his test results, hoping to find the virus that did this to him. High A & G, low M, these could mean something - or nothing, because they're all within the normal range.

IgA is for allergies, IgM is the first antibody produced when you get sick with a virus, or bacteria, IgG is the second antibody produced during an infection with bacteria or virus. The IgG is also the one produced if you come in contact with the same bacteria or virus. IgE is for parasitic infections.

On 20.5.2017 at 9:47 PM, BuffRockChick said:

@Finnmin, I don't recall all of your husband's symptoms, but I thought of you when I was reading about baroreflex failure yesterday.  Maybe worth exploration?

Thank you for the hint, I'm digging into baroreflex information right now! The virus which triggered my husband's POTS, left a big scarred lymph node on his neck, we have to find out if it disturbs the baroreflex receptors in his neck!