Tomorrow's the big day... tilt table test!

Hello!

I came here a month or so ago to see if my symptoms sounded familiar and report that I'm getting a title table test. Well, that day is almost here. Tomorrow is the test, and I'm absolutely terrified! I know it's not a big deal and that it's a routine test. But, they said I have to get an IV and I'm a fainter when it comes to needles.

I'm making myself sick thinking about it. I haven't slept and haven't kept down much food either. I think my biggest fear is that I'll be so anxious I somehow mess up the test and skew the results so they can't diagnose me. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone and thank them for the support! Any tips on how to relax during the test?!

Wishing you luck for tomorrow. I was really worried I would flunk the test but after 15 mins my consultant informed me that they would continue with the test as they were having interesting reading , at that time I felt OK so I was suprised , 10 mins later it all got even more intersting and the symptons started to hit me and I eventually passed out ! 

Try to relax ( I know almost impossible ) and I hope this gives you some answers 

Tilt table is complete, and they skipped the IV because they couldn't find a vein.

Apparently, I broke the record for fastest test, too. They tilted me, and I fainted in 60 seconds. Yay for breaking records??

The man running the test told me I have Neurocardiogenic Syncope. They put me on Fludrocortisone, told me to eat more salt (?!), and cut all caffeine... yikes.

I asked the technician about POTS, and he laughed at me. He said it's over-diagnosed and not to worry about it. This makes me a bit uneasy, so I'm hoping to get my results so I can be sure. 

Either way - I'm happy to have a diagnosis of NCS.

Congratulations! You failed with flying colors. 

I'm not sure what the real difference is between Neurocardiogenic Syncope and POTS. I have been diagnosed with both. I think treatment is basically the same. Florinef helped me a little and I am still on it. 

You are on your way to feeling better. So happy for you!

Let us know how the new med works.

Kim

I would be very annoyed with that response from the technician.  Did you get to meet with a doctor about your test results?  It's  normal question for you to ask if you have POTS after the TTT - and a simple yes or no answer from them based upon whether your HR increased 30bpm during the test.  POTS certainly isn't over-diagnosed, it is way under diagnosed. 

If you click on the DINET main page under information, it will explain the difference between POTS and NCS.   You can have both - they are both dysautonomia.  There are some differences, but many of the treatments are the same. 

On 3/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, yogini said:

I would be very annoyed with that response from the technician.  Did you get to meet with a doctor about your test results?  It's  normal question for you to ask if you have POTS after the TTT - and a simple yes or no answer from them based upon whether your HR increased 30bpm during the test.  POTS certainly isn't over-diagnosed, it is way under diagnosed. 

If you click on the DINET main page under information, it will explain the difference between POTS and NCS.   You can have both - they are both dysautonomia.  There are some differences, but many of the treatments are the same. 

I thought so too! I have a call in to my doctor because I haven't heard from him yet with the official diagnoses. Hoping to hear soon, and get my hands on the results too.

• 4 months later...

A technician laughed at you? I would report it to human resources. That's outrageous. Dysautonomics are treated abysmally, I really would send a strongly worded letter to his employer AND your county medical supervisory board. This person needs retraining and should not be around patients until its completed.