Glaucoma Wide Angle Low Tension

goldicedance1

I have been dealing with POTS for some 2 decades.  I have just been diagnosed with Glaucoma--wide angle low tension.

Some of the risk factors for this unusual type of glaucoma seem go along with POTS--orthostatic tachycardia; migraines; bloodpooling, etc.

I was wondering if anyone here has been diagnosed with this type of glaucoma--particularly those who have had POTS for a number of years as the effects of hypotension can be cumulative.

I might also suggest that you be vigilant in getting visual fields testing.

Guest KiminOrlando

I'm sorry you are going through this. With everything else we deal with, I thought our eyes were one of the few things we could count on. Is your glaucoma something they are going to be able to treat or will it be uncontrolled because of the POTS?

I have had POTS for 30 years. I get the field tests done every year and my results have been 'slightly abnormal' but unchanging. I didn't know anything about this, but I will mention it to my doctor. He told me he was watching me for glaucoma, and several of my family members have had it, but I didn't know POTS could be involved. 

Thanks for sharing this. I hope they are able to stop the progression for you.

Kim

I was told last year that I have primary open-angle glaucoma. I had no nerve damage til this year, and he says I need to start the medication soon.  I want to have test repeated by an entirely different Dr's office just to make sure they are correct. I have wondered if it was related to pots. I am just 45, so it could be genes. But I don't know enough about my family medical history to know for sure. I sure hope it has nothing to do with pots, I feel like this would be the draw, it certainly takes more than it's share from us all. And also, do you think glaucoma itself causes tachycardia or is it the medication? I am still researching and learning myself.