Did You Have Pregnancy Stretch Marks?

sue1234

Seems there is always a family member like your MIL to emphasize anything negative, GingerA! ugh

I have mild/moderate stretch marks, and now have really faded. I figured it is b/c I had a 10 lb+ baby and a fibroid the size of a melon.

I think stretch marks can be a sign of EDS??

I don't know what lack of stretch marks indicates but I do think I remember reading that stretch marks are more likely in women who gain weight rapidly at any point in pregnancy, as well as the fact that some people are more prone to them. My sister got them on her legs as well as belly during her pregnancies...

I didn't get any, but I only gained 22 pounds because I was so sick the entire time. We didn't know about POTS yet. I literally only felt good during the final week before I was induced, week 39. I didn't swell a bit, either - wore my rings the whole time. Maybe that final week I retained a little water and salt and that is why I actually felt good?

Aww, that must've felt awful, Ginger.

For some reason stretch marks popped up on my lower back when was like 14 & it's so strange bc I didn't gain weight or grow, they just appeared.

I had a day when my family was on vacation and I pushed myself to go to the pool. Well ofcourse someone points out "what are those purple lines on your back" that's not nearly as harsh as your MIL

Anywho, stretch marks are a sign of EDS. My mom was researching it not look ago & she said she was look at skin pictures of people with EDS & said they look just like my back

• 5 years later...