Chronis Gas & Bloating By The End Of The Day

roxie

Almost everyday by the time night rolls around I seem to have a of bloating and gas pain. It can be really painful. And there are times my stomach gets puffy bc if it. I have to use a warm rice bag, massage my stomach & sometimes has pills to relieve some of it.

It's especially a problem on a day I've done more than normal & been upright more.

Anyone else? Anyone know how to get rid of it or what causes it?

Almost everyday by the time night rolls around I seem to have a of bloating and gas pain. It can be really painful. And there are times my stomach gets puffy bc if it. I have to use a warm rice bag, massage my stomach & sometimes has pills to relieve some of it.

It's especially a problem on a day I've done more than normal & been upright more.

Anyone else? Anyone know how to get rid of it or what causes it?

Wow...I totally know what this is like. For a long time my stomach was so distended I looked 4 months pregnant! And you're right. It can be SO painful. At it's worst, I'm stuck in bed and unable to move. The massaging did help me along with over the counter medicines for gas. I battled with this for a year and a half until I finally figured out what was causing it for me. It was dairy! Maybe you are allergic or intolerant of something you are eating. Dairy is a very common offender. And many, many adults are lactose intolerant and don't even know it. I have always been able to eat dairy until I had my first son. After that, my body didn't digest it anymore. Wheat, soy, eggs, and shellfish are other common things a person could be intolerant or allergic to. Try an elimination diet and slowly add back things and see how you do. Some people do a food journal. It takes a lot of discipline but would be well worth the findings.

I get periods of discomfort in my gut that actually feel like a crisis. They make me feel funny all over, woozy in the head, blood pressure goes a bit wacky, things move around and then it's randomly over.

I'm almost embarrassed to think that gas would set me off this way or normal digestion.

I think with our "excited" sympathetic system, it almost "paralyzes" the gut. That's what I think happens with me, anyway. I've had it for 10 years, and just last year figured out how to best help it. I now take a 1/2 capful of Milk of Magnesia every evening. It moves the gas along. I've tried EVERYTHING else, and nothing moves the gas!!! Yes, other things might make me have a bm, but then the gas sits in the colon, building up until the next bm. When it builds too much, it presses on my vessels near my diaphragm, and it makes me short of breath and gives me pressure up through my chest, neck and head. All I know is the gas HAS to come out, or I get in a bad situation!!

My problem somehow is the air/gas gets so far in that it can't come up or out. If I drink something bubbly, I can burp it out. BUT, if I eat gassy foods, I think the bulk of it sits and "festers" in my small bowel, too far in to burp out. Then it just sits and builds(and bloats!). For me, the milk of magnesia seems to push all that into the colon(large intestine) where it has a chance to go on out(sorry to be so graphic). If the gas doesn't move, it is like trying to blow up a balloon and fitting it inside the abdomen--there's no room! It will push up on the diaphragm and back onto the great vessels. If the doctors could actually do this little experiment with the balloon and see what the pressure feels like, I think they would find a real way to address it.

These problems sound to me like either a glutten or dairy allergy. If you are truly allergic - even a lactose pill or lactose free won't be enough. You have to eliminate - all forms. Even a little will cause a problem. Look at it this way - why put a poision into your body if it makes you sick. It is a poision - if you're allergic. You usually CRAVE what you are allergic or sensitive to. What do you CRAVE? Start there - it will be almost like a drug addict for you to get off of these things.

I've got THE BEST solution for gas and pains. It even works after abdominal surgery (I should know - I've had 8 of them). LEMON ZINGER TEA!! Yes, it will eliminate the gas and will help with the pain of the gas. Works wonders.

Hi

When I was first dx'd (pots)I had this problem terribly....4 months pregnant, lots of pressure and pain after being on my feet all day. My Dys. Dr said it's due to splanic pooling, or blood pooling in the abdomen, as it does in the lower extremities. As I came along on the meds, treatments, lifestyle changes to prevent blood pooling, it seems that decreased in intensity.

Last spring I started with gut problems,gastro said it was IBS which is not uncommon with my dx- said to take Align, a new kind of probiotic and I must say that helped me immensely. I have taken probiotics for years, but with this one I can tell a major difference in my gut if I don't take it for a week.

Hope your tummy is better soon.

• 5 weeks later...