Nausea After Drinking Water??

nmorgen

For the last few days I have had a real problem drinking enough water. I would say I've only been able to drink about a liter a day, which is not good. I just can't seem to be able to drik the water. I get really nauseated and stay nauseated after drinking even a small amt of water. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't want to get dehydrated, but the water is causing me major problems.

FYI I drink Evian bottled water.

Wow well I've never been a water lover and yes I have gotten naueated and even sick after drinking water but that was years ago like if I was doing a real strenuous activity and then came in and drank cold water it would make my stomach cramp and make me sick.

I really questioned whether our water was tainted or something but I really don't think that was the case I think I just have a sensitive stomach.

I can drink small amounts of water I think it was the quantity that caused the issue.

Other drinks don't do that to me and I think that is why I gravitated away from water and towards other things.

Could it even be a ph thing?

I personally never liked evian it had a salty taste to it and made me sick to my stomach. Before being medicated for pot's I use to get quite nauseated from water it would make me gag and then I would throw up. Certain foods like peanut butter and jelly made me sick too. It's very strange. Sometimes if you drink too much water that can make you feel nauseated too.

Hi,

Thanks for all of the advice. I did try another typer of water last night. I went back to my Evian again today, because the other waters have fluoride. I haven't felt that nausea today, so maybe I just had a bug or something. I have been feeling bad the last week.

It's not easy to find Gatorade here or any of the the fruit drinks.

Everything makes me feel sick to my stomach. SO, I'm trying vitamin water now for a change. drink beverages at room temp slowly now rather than down them... and when all else fails take my nausea meds. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tearose

It may be that the temperature of the water is too cold.

I have had to avoid ice cold beverages when I am more symptomatic.

Also when eating a hot meal I need to be very careful with the temp of a beverage. It is better to have warm than cold.

I'm starting to find out the same thing... my mom was this way, would always say no ice in her drinks. She had very low sodium and wouldn't be allowed to drink. I had no control over her health care, as no one understands my condition. <_< If it is cold I sip it slowly... and that helps. Same with food eat small meals all day long rather than several big ones or I get nausea. Nausea is not nice!

Bellamia

I think that my nausea(I also had constipation) was due to a motility issue. My GP prescribed me motilium/domperadone. It has helped and I feel a lot better. No more nausea or constipation. I'm now back to drinking as much Evian as I was before.

I'm allergic to fluoride, so I don't drink tap water either or use fluoride toothpaste.

• 10 years later...

I drunk this water not thinking much of it. i thought the taste of it was really nasty. Didn’t really taste like water. I got home from work & went to bed pretty nauseous, took a acetaminophen about an hour into my sleep i woke up feeling like i had to vomit. i called my mom & told her what was going on (she’s a nurse) long story short i pooped soooo much & didn’t vomit although, i felt like I was going to! it is august 26 & i think im just now realizing it was the water.

this was Evian water btw.