Anyone Else Have Throbbing Bone Pain???

ajw4790

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced THROBBING bone pain when you have an exacerbation of symptoms? Especially if it is set off by something in particular like an allergen???

I have had this before and just had it happen again, where my left arm (elbow, forearm, and thumb) are throbbing after exposure to an allergen. Before it has been with things like cashmere (allergic to), new clothes (didn't wash beforehand, and had whatever they spray on them to keep them clean and insects away), and yesterday was I think due to being exposed to a LOT of pollen that I do react to in a short period of time.

I also got burning itchy eyes, sneezed, headache, palpitations, and the throbbing pain which just made me feel awful!!!

After I am away for the allergen for a couple of hours everything goes back to normal. The pain just goes away... WEIRD!!! :)

Anyone else get this???

Thanks!!!

:lol:

Jennifer,

I had wondered about something like that! I have had this on and off whenever I encounter something that I seem strongly reactive to for years, probably well back into high school.

I JUST remembered I get the SAME thing whenever I am trying to use electrodes, tape, adhesives for a long time! For school we had to wrap ankles etc. and they wanted me to use that kind of tape... I turned red, somewhat faint/dizzy, tachy, ITCHY, and it caused bone pain as well. I HAVE to remember to mention this to the allergist!!!

It was funny... :) To try and learn taping techniques the prof. wanted to to try and do it wearing gloves! Try taping someone with gloves on! Especially if they are like two sizes too big! Not fun! Try explaining to your prof. you are allergic to the tape. Then, he mentioned the gloves and I said I am allergic to latex too! He wasn't too happy or taking no for an answer. He found a pair of sterile gloves that are wrapped like they use in surgery that was hypoallergenic. But, they were HUGE!!! That day was just awful! I felt like crud, and of course no one understood and thought I was being VERY weird and making something out of nothing... URRRGGGHHH!!!

Oh, well... this just got me thinking! :)

Thanks!!!

:)

The ANNOYING saga continues...

So, I had the throbbing bone pain a week ago due to an allergic reaction. It seems to be one of my body's "go to" allergic responses if I come in contact with something that I am REALLY allergic to... I have other allergy symptoms along with it, just this is the most annoying/painful of them all.

SO... I called the allergist that seemed quite informed and helpful before to tell her about these symptoms and ask what I should do when they occur? Do I take allergy meds? Pain meds?

So, after talking to her nurse a couple of times, they said that it was NOT allergies (even though happened at same time of other allergy symptoms), and only occurs during these times. So, it is not allergies, and they do not know what it is, but if the pain is that bad it should really be checked out. So, I am supposed to call my PCP to schedule an appmt. (just saw her a week ago), so that she can "work it up". The thing is I had the bone pan when I went to see my PCP that day, and ALREADY discussed it with her! (and I told them this... they didn't care)

My PCP does not believe it is bone pain and that it is tennis elbow!!! That is a repetitive use injury, and it is my LEFT arm, and I am RIGHT handed. Plus, nothing else fits. Yeah, it is pain in my forearm, but it doesn't mean it is tennis elbow. I studied this stuff in grad school, I know the difference. It is ridiculous! I just keep getting passed around and NO help or answers!!! :) The pain is DEEP! She thought tennis elbow fit because I am tender at the elbow due to it being a fibromyalgia tender point, but it is not the same place or pain. But, once I said that was tender there was no turning back! It has to be tennis elbow! UGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I am so OVER crap like this!!!!! I tolerate pain pretty well, but this was a 6-7 out of 10 pain! I mean if this went very long and if I did try ibuprofen and it didn't work I would go to the ER for this. And I have not went to the ER in my life! (thankfully!) But, they seem to not understand!

Is there anyone else with a similar reaction when they come in contact with an allergen?????

Guest tearose

I'm feel the pains I have are more "muscle and nerve" pains. Like there is inadequate oxygen to my muscle and nerve fibers and they just are begging for relief. Even when I have an allergic response, it is my nerve endings that feel fried more. I will get very itchy and then the skin hurts too.

I hope you feel better soon.